Friday, February 29, 2008

Morning

Got up early this morning to work on the bike. I got the battery and controller mounted on top of and underneath the luggage rack respectively. Here are a couple of photos that illustrate the problem:


The battery mount plate was a bit tricky, I had to put on a few extra cable ties to prevent side-to-side movement. I have also installed the brake levers and the throttle hand-grip. The right-hand grip has an integrated throttle and the electronics are in a thick plastic collar on the inside. This is where I have hit my second snag. The thickness of the collar prevents the gear shift lever from moving and I can't relocate it anywhere that makes it work. Perhaps I will need a new changer after all. I'll give Greg from the bike shop a call today and see what he thinks.

No comments: