Friday, April 25, 2008

Crash

Hmmmm, time for some headlights I think. I went via the shops on the way home last night to get some vitamin C since I had a cold starting. When I got out of the shops it was quite dark, but I only had a couple of km to go till home and no roads to ride on so I figured I would be fine.

There was this one little path to get between some houses that is a bit overgrown with bushes so when I spotted a well-travelled dirt track next to the concrete footpath I decided to go down it instead to avoid the bushes. Little did I know that it was well-travelled because the local brats use it to approach the 18 inch high dirt jump they have constructed at the end. Since it was dark I only spotted it when I was right on top of it.

I went over the handlebars and landed on my side and badly bruised my right thigh. The seat is bent a bit out of shape and the wooden bracket that the battery is (was) screwed to snapped off and the battery came loose (since reconstructed). Ouch.

Still no photos of the modifications yet, but I drop the bike in tomorrow to have a new 52/39 tooth front crank set fitted, which should have me cruising over 40kph once my leg recovers. Oh yeah, and I'll be looking at lighting while I am there...

No comments: