Saturday, April 12, 2008

Upgrades

So, the bike goes into the shop this week. I am getting the aforementioned freewheel modification done as well as getting a 48T chain ring installed at the front. I also have to get riding lights for it and now that I have a thumb throttle on the way I will need nice new soft hand grips too.

Rod from EV-Power has comp'ed me a thumb throttle when I ordered a second charger for charging at work. I am really looking forward to not lugging that 3.5 kg charger to and from everyday.

Putting the single speed freewheel on will also allow me to have the rear wheel properly centred. The only catch is that in order to space out the dropout they will have to put washers on the side where the wires come out of the axle. So I will have to disconnect the cables and remove the white plastic moulded plug from the wires so they can fit the washers over it, slide them down the wire and hence onto the axle. It will be nice to have rear brakes that work properly without rubbing on the wheel. I'll take some pics when I am doing this and post them tomorrow.

No comments: