Saturday, March 1, 2008

Woodwork

So in between my last two posts what happened? Well I rang Paul and asked him about changers and he had some "over bar shifters" that he thought would do the trick. Rod from EV-Power thought I could achieve some sort of spacing that would allow the under bar shifter to work. I told Paul that I would drop it in for him to look at on Tuesday because he had wanted to see it done.

I had called the wife to find out how the country trip went and the conversation went a little like this:

Me: "Hello"
Jo: "I'm driving" (annoyed tone)
In the background two year-old is screaming
Me: "What is that?"
Jo: "Hugh screaming"
Me: "What's wrong with him?"
Jo (over screaming): "Look, I'm driving. I'll talk to you later" (even more annoyed tone)

So I figured that she would be in need for some cheering up when I got home so I bought chocolates and flowers on the way home. In the end she was in a perfectly normal mood when I got home (bless her), but I am sure she appreciated the offerings anyway. Hugh has just been over-tired and pissed off about still being strapped into his seat. So off to have a bath she goes and what am I left to do, well go work on the bike of course!

So I go and have another look and figure that I may as well finish up the cabling, which I did. I probably used WAY too many cable ties, but I would prefer neatness and wasted cable ties than trying to save 10c here or there.

Now Jo is out of the bath and it is past time I started on dinner, which I mention to Jo that I am making a huge sacrifice to go and start on dinner now that my bike is in a rideable state. She say go ride it! So I do, which brings me up to my last post.

More later, I have an idea for a temporary bracket for the battery which I will share with you. Here is a photo of the completed bike, sans battery:

No comments: